Call for entries - Series and feature film fiction concept writing workshop
The CinEuro project, in partnership with Obella Editions, is launching a call for applications for a writing and concept development workshop for fictional series and feature films.
Its objective is to accompany 8 to 10 screenwriters in the development of an artistic adaptation from historical subjects, in order to bring these stories to life on screen.
The screenwriters selected will be based on unpublished scientific works on “9 “Destin(s) de la Grande Région”, which highlight individual or collective life paths illustrating the relationships, through the ages, between the border territories of France, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands.
In addition to being supervised in their creation by professional scriptwriters, this workshop will allow the participants to present their work to a panel of international producers.
The workshop will be divided into 5 writing sessions, between June and October 2022, with intermediate reports. Travel and accommodation expenses for participants will be covered.
Terms of participation:
- Participants must come from the CinEuro partner regions: Brussels-Capital Region, Wallonia, Luxembourg, Saarland, Rhineland-Palatinate, Baden-Württemberg, Grand-East, and the Cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Landschaft, and Aargau.
Applicants must send in German or in French, by June 5, 2022 to :
- A Curriculum Vitae, including contact information, language skills and date of birth
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page)
- A summary of their idea of adapting two of the 9 “Destiny(s) of the Greater Region” themes
- The format, genre and specificities of the concept must be specified in the application